Driven by the increasing demand for efficiency improvements, technological innovations, and the challenges of the net-zero transformation, key functions of supply chain management are undergoing continuous and increasingly dynamic changes. This applies to procurement processes, transportation logistics, inventory management, as well as all processes in the production environment, distribution, and recycling in a circular economy. Supply chain management exists in a digital continuum, becoming a crucial foundation for increasingly automated and autonomous value networks and new business models.
Supply chain finance is an integral part of the supply chain continuum and ensures that all processes and transactions relevant to supply chain management are accompanied by adequate payment, risk management, and financing solutions.
In order to integrate highly efficient financial flows into value networks and their respective material flows, financial supply chain management must consider and utilize technologies relevant to supply chain management for its solutions. These technologies include the Industrial Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, or concepts related to the creation of Digital Twins.
- Supply chain financing (procurement, inventory, and sales financing)
- Automated and autonomous invoice generation
- IoT-based payments
- Tokenization of financial assets
- Embedded finance
- Financial digital twin
- Financing sustainable supply chains
- Pay-per-Use supply chain finance
We build upon our existing expertise in logistics and supply chain management and support the seamless integration of payment flows and financing in supply chains and value networks.
- Potential analysis for supply chain finance applications in the areas of procurement, inventory, and sales.
- Analysis and evaluation of technologies for new and enhanced supply chain finance applications.
- Concept development for integrating supply chain finance offerings into future data spaces.
- Domain concept development for tokenizing supply chain finance assets.
- Domain-specific support for projects integrating programmable payments and digital money into supply chain transactions.
- Planning, consulting, and support for Scope 3-focused sustainable finance and impact finance projects in supply chains.
- Networking, cooperation, and cross-industry knowledge transfer with partners in the logistics and finance sectors.
- Achieving first-mover advantages.
- Cross-transfer of the latest real-world supply chain technologies to new offerings for financial supply chains.
- Efficiency improvements through automated and autonomous financial products.
- Influencing the development of emerging data infrastructure and standards.
- Creating new revenue potentials through data monetization.
- Identification of new business potentials regarding sustainability and finance transformation.